Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rifle Ranges in WNY

Default Rifle Ranges in WNY

Any good long range outdoor rifle ranges in Erie county? Blasdell has a waiting list. Hamburg is Skeet/trap. Any ranges around here where you can pay a non member fee and just shoot? And im not interested in Evans gun club, they are way out there. Lemme know. Or if someone cool that has a piece of land where I can pay to shoot, even better.

Hopefully Gunwolf will chime in. There is a range on state land that might have what you're looking for but I'm not sure how long it is. How long are you looking to shoot?

Not too long, couple hours at most. Have a newborn and shooting is my hobby for time to myself on the weekends. Currently shooting at Hamburg range, but I havent been able to shoot my Mosin Nagant yet.

I wasn't clear, I mean how long as in yardage!

Well that makes sense. 50, 100, or 200 yds dont matter to me. Just wanna shoot this Mosin at longer range and would like 50-100 yards to shoot my Thompson. Rapid fire of the semi auto tommy if allowed. Thanks.

Sounds like the swamps around Buffalo would have what you're looking for. Give it a day for Gunwolf to log on and I"m sure he has the info for the range.

Ok thanks bud.

The alabama swamps is what you're talking about

Copied from nyspeed.com when we were talking about guns over there

Quote Originally Posted by PureXTC View Post
    It's hard to see but there is a red circle in the middle. Anyone out there will know where it is. It's a popular place to go. There will be no less then 20 other people there on a weekend day. Good luck even finding a spot the week before deer season.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Follow Fisk Rd. East till you hit the end. Take a right then a quick left. On your righthand side you will see burms and most likely people will be there shooting. Keep going until you find an open spot. Enjoy.

Perfectly legal to shoot there from sunrise till sundown.

I know other members go there often. Maybe one of them will chime in.

any idea what the max yards is for shooting at the swamps? i am looking to buy a 50bmg but can't find anywhere to shoot it

the swamps "ranges" are nothing but spots near the roadside that have bulldozed berms in place- bring your own targets/stands/etc- not a true range by my standards. There are no "long" ranges in WNy that would be suitable for a 50 bmg- the furthest organized ranges I know of are 300 yards at niagara county sportsmen's and olean rod and gun club.
    all the local clubs in WNY are private clubs,most of which have membership limits and are full. I was also once a member of Attica rod and gun which I think still has open membership and the range goes to 200 yards. Your best bet is to hook up with someone who is a member of a local club and shoot with them -most clubs allow members to bring guests and shoot there usually for a small fee. long term finding a club which meets your needs and joining is the right answer. There are actually a lot of clubs in WNY- but most are very small or in some instances have a lot of limitations on range use etc. if you can google erie county federation of sporsman's clubs and ny state rifle and pistol association there are lists of affiliated clubs and you may get some contact info there. Also at the CMP website they list CMP affiliated NY state clubs