Since we aren't in a gun friendly state here it is advisable that folks in this section especially be aware of the legal stipulations of buying and selling a pistol in NY:
1. Be sure that the buyer is legally authorized to own a pistol, i.e. has a license.
2. Any magazines with capacity greater than 10 rounds be manufactured on or before the ban date in '94.
3. Check local laws for anything precluding that person further, such as NYC's idiotic idiosyncrasies.
4. Follow proper procedure as required by federal and state law for transfer.
5. Don't use Paypal for payment--they hate us and might seize your money and/or cancel your account.
6. Don't sell to out of state buyers unless done properly through a licensed FFL in their state. Even then it's complicated so do your homework so you don't get bit by bad legal problems. You alone are responsible for following applicable laws.
Keep it legal, guys, and be careful. It is too easy to accidentally do something not in compliance with the law and get in trouble. Not everyone is your friend--it's not unheard of for unsavory LE/ATF posing as sellers to get you to do something illegal just so they can say they're "fighting the illegal gun problem."