Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wayne County Permit

Quick question for you guys.... a very good friend of mine recently applied for a Pistol Permit through
    Wayne County (Both him and his wife actually) The initial application was filled out and sent in. Home
    visit was conducted and approved. NCIS Check for wife came back clear, and husband's check came
    back with a Violation from the late 70's after returning from the service. He was sent back the application
    from Kehoe asking to detail the violation. He did detail the violation, however, because the initial application
    was returned to him he did not check the "yes" box where it said "Have you previously applied for a pistol
    permit in NYS?" The application was again returned to him with a letter from Kehoe stating he was denied
    because by not checking the yes box he was being misleading. Kehoe then attached the application and high-
    lighted the box in question..... so..., my question is What does he do now? Is he banned now from the application
    process? His wife is a County employee, he is a Combat Vet, and a NRA life Member. Any help would be greatly
    appreciated. Thanks!

On the face of it, I'd say send in another application and check the "yes" box. The form gives a space to explain why.

Dave
    Objects in mirror are dumber than they appear.

Thanks for the info, however, I just found out that the application was not returned.......
    gentleman is a little pissed because of the 135.00 application fee.... when the county
    was called they told him he would have to pay the fee again... WTF?

I'm afraid that's the way it works. You're not paying for the permit, you're paying for the county to do the paperwork to get the permit. The paperwork happens whether it's approved or not.

Dave

I just got my new pistol permit in the mail today. The "Restrictions" section is strangely blank. Yay me!

On March 8 I mailed an amendment request to lift the restrictions, and a letter to the judge explaining why. (I called ahead and that's what the Clerk's office told me to send.) It took just a little bit more than a month to process. It cost $3 to process the amendment and $10 to print the new card.

I know people have complained about Judge Kehoe in the past, but he's done all right by me.

Dave

Congrats!