Thread: American Hunters

Cool American Hunters

American Hunters

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

* There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin .
    * Allow me to restate that number.
    * Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.
    * More men under arms than in Iran . * More than in France and Germany combined.
    * These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.
    * That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters, all of whom have now returned home.
    * Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

The point?

* America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.
    * Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.
    * That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

Food for thought when next we consider gun control.
    Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.
    Abraham Lincoln

Where did you find this? How about a link? This is good stuff! Thanks for sharing.

it is an email i received. but i can see what i can do to find the origin. I got another one awhile ago, but cant find it. but your welcome.
    Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.
    Abraham Lincoln

here is the other one.

The world's largest army?...America's hunters!
    December 6, 2010

This blogger adds up all the hunters in just a handful of States, and comes to a striking conclusion:

I spend many of my fall weekends tramping around the woods in pursuit of a buck, as do a lot of my friends.

The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer hunting season without someone getting killed. That's great! There were over 600,000 hunters.

Allow me to restate that number. Over the last two months, the eighth largest Army in the world - more men under arms than Iran; more than France and
    Germany combined - deployed to the woods of a single American State to help keep the deer menace at bay.

But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods of Pennsylvania this week. Michigan's 700,000 hunters have now returned home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and it is literally the case that the hunters of those four States alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

His point? America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of National Security. Now, I wonder why a lot of congressional members and liberals want to ban firearms?
    I love my country. It's the Government I'm afraid of.

May God Bless America !
    Abraham Lincoln