A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:
* There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin .
* Allow me to restate that number.
* Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.
* More men under arms than in Iran . * More than in France and Germany combined.
* These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.
* That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters, all of whom have now returned home.
* Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.
* America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.
* Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.
* That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.
Food for thought when next we consider gun control.
Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.