Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Never stop training.

It cleared up here this afternoon and I spent about 4.5 hrs out back shooting. 42* and sunny till the sun dropped then it got kinda chilly at the end.

Bench at 100 yards. I'm game.
    Last edited by MorpheusCycles; 04-01-2012 at 01:46 AM.
    To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
    Thomas A. Edison

Second Amendment Foundation Member - Patron

Quote Originally Posted by MorpheusCycles View Post
    It cleared up here this afternoon and I spent about 4.5 hrs out back shooting. 42* and sunny till the sun dropped then it got kinda chilly at the end.

Bench at 100 yards. I'm game.
    Same weather here. I shot 200rds of 12 ga around 1pm ish and it was cool but not unbearable. Shot 25 singles, 25 handicap, and 150 doubles targets and then went back later around 5pm to shoot another 50 doubles targets to knock out 250 rounds of 12ga today. Tomorrow is another 50 rounds of singles and I will be where I want to be for the week for a weekly round count.

Nice, I plan on getting back out tomorrow as well and doing some more shooting as weather permits. It's calling for rain here after 11am. I got 300+ rounds down range today. Working on close range stuff as well as some precision at 100-150 yards ie target was a custom made 2" tall by 1.5" wide spinning target and 4 power and 6 power scopes.
    To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
    Thomas A. Edison

Second Amendment Foundation Member - Patron

Quote Originally Posted by Freek View Post
    Good questions actually.
    First watch this to know what ready up drills are.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5csKITnbdgk

Now I do my ready up drills from the carry/low ready position. This was my first time doing it with the AK. There was a bit of a learning curve coming from an only AR practiced drill.
    The AK has a bit more kick and jump than the AR and I had to train myself to slow down when using the AK. After a couple magazines in I was slowing down and making better shots on the drill.

Before anyone goes into the argument that double taps aren't necessary on an AK as a first well placed should have MUCH more knock down power than a high velocity 5.56, it's what I wanted to train on and do for my know knowledge and experience.

When I go back to the range I'll be doing ready up double tap with my AR and you'll see a noticeable difference in shot grouping between the EOTech vs. iron sights and the recoil of the different weapons. I also might try my aimpoint on the AK just to see if there's a difference to me.
    We had extra ammo last week while I was at Ft. Drum training, and one of my Sergeants decided to let us get some extra training in and do some Ready Up Drills. Its definitely something everyone should practice.
    "Listen, Smile, Agree, and then do whatever the fuck you were gonna do anyway."
    -Robert Downey Jr.

I should have updated this with some pictures. I've gotten pretty good with the AK on ready up drills. I'm much better with iron sights than an optic on the AK.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Interested in cars too? Check out www.nyspeed.com