Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Ammo be shipped to NY?

Post Can Ammo be shipped to NY?

I tried to interpret NYS Firearm Laws and I couldn't find if it was okay to order ammo from a legal sales rep and have the ammo shipped to NY. Are there any restrictions to have ammo shipped to NY and/or Steuben County NY?

I can't speak specifically for Steuben County, but certainly I've ordered ammo and had it shipped. No problems in Monroe county. I've found Cabella's has some good deals with free shipping if you buy in bulk ($100 or more with their promo).

There's not state laws against ordering ammo from outside as long as your 18. County laws may be different.

I've had ammunition shipped to my home in Wayne County several times. As long as you're over 18 it's not a problem. The worst part was that some vendors will only ship it "adult signature required," so someone over 18 has to be home to sign for it or you'll need to pick it up at the UPS terminal. Not all vendors do that, or they'll waive the requirement if you send them proof of your age.

Dave
    Objects in mirror are dumber than they appear.

I have had ammo shipped to me in Steuben County by several vendors, and signatures were not required.

Cabelas is one of them. I usually wait for them to have their FREE or $5 shipping deals. Currently they have $2 shipping on orders over $49 through March 28th.

The $2 shipping deal at Cabelas is a good deal. They have flats of 12ga Estate shell for $51!

I never have had trouble buying ammo and having it shipped, and i am in Steuben County
    Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.
    Abraham Lincoln

shipping + $27 haz mat correct?

I have never paid a haz mat fee. I just ordered ammo from SGAmmo, only paid $14.00 s&h. unless haz mat is figured in
    Last edited by tlstull01; 03-18-2012 at 02:30 AM.
    Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.
    Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln

Default Thanks for the replies.

Cabela's is where I'm considering to buy ammo as they've got a $49 or over with $5 shipping deal right now. I appreciate all who took the time to reply to my post. Off to start my order!