Thread: Fishing License

Default Fishing License

Is it just me or has the state fishing license gone up in price considerably. I want to say that the last time I purchased one it was around $17 or so? Am I thinking of something else or has the cost really gone up this much in the past few years?

It has gine up.
    NRA Life Member since 2003

www.canoetripping.net/forums

you need a license to fish?? damn!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5321 View Post
    you need a license to fish?? damn!!
    Only if you get caught.

My phys ed teacher in high school grew up in West Virginia. He and his buddies didn't have much money, but they'd pool what they had and get a license for one of the group. They'd have to go fishing together then, but whenever a game warden would come and ask to see their licenses the one who actually had one would dash off through the woods. The warden would chase him down, at which time he'd show the license. By the time the warden got back to the others, they had disappeared.

Dave
    Objects in mirror are dumber than they appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinermad View Post
    Only if you get caught.

My phys ed teacher in high school grew up in West Virginia. He and his buddies didn't have much money, but they'd pool what they had and get a license for one of the group. They'd have to go fishing together then, but whenever a game warden would come and ask to see their licenses the one who actually had one would dash off through the woods. The warden would chase him down, at which time he'd show the license. By the time the warden got back to the others, they had disappeared.

Dave
    Haha! That's pretty good!

Terry Guest

Since Decals things have gone up. But if you are a all around sportsman, the super sportsman is 100.00 and covers everything but trapping. 100.00 for one year is cheap activity for an entire year..........

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Is it just me or has the state fishing license gone up in price considerably. I want to say that the last time I purchased one it was around $17 or so? Am I thinking of something else or has the cost really gone up this much in the past few years?
    It went from 17 to 21 to right around 30 in a little over four years... I would advise buying it, the fine for fishing without It if caught is somewhere around $100 seems like an expensive gamble. I'm still relatively young (26) and do fish quite a bit, so knowing that the price will likely increase a few more times my wife got me a lifetime license for our wedding.
    -- Kevin

"The tragic history of civilian disarmament cries a warning against any systematic attempts to render innocent citizens ill-equipped to defend themselves from tyrant terrorists, despots or oppressive majorities,"
    - Daniel Schmutter

Everything has gone up. Even CT's went up too...which is why I don't hunt there any more..........