Thread: Syracuse area gun and archery,ranges, clubs, and shoots

Exclamation Syracuse area gun and archery,ranges, clubs, and shoots

Was wondering where anyone has gone ,and maybe a member of places to join and a little info.Please include places to do 3d archery.
    Thanks, KODIAK.

Bridgeport Rod and Gun club has a pretty nice facility but is primarily a trap club. I'm sure some of the 'Cuse guys will chime in with a local club for you.

South Shore Association-Great group of members, lots of events, archery, rifle, handgun.

http://southshoreassn.org/

Thanks rich,have you guys heard of toad harbor rod and gun.I live by there,but no archery and im not in to clays YET,lol
    VERDAD,I looked at the site and will check into it.I have been looking at sportsman north in west monroe anyone been there.

We have had some students that shoot at Toad Harbor, they say it's a good club. I know South Shore has the Archery set up with Stands, etc, NOT in the shooting range area. That always helps!

Nedrow range - $50 per year. Small club. I was a member years ago and joined again recently. They need more active members. Club house is set up well for meetings, classes, dinners ect. I am interested in getting more people into this club. I have been working to get more people involved. I belong to three clubs in total. Nedrow, Otisco, and Syracuse pistol club. Nedrow is great because it is a nice property, members are down to earth, no attitude about tactical guns, and they do not have allot of events. I am a shooter and I am tired of driving out to other ranges and finding out there is a event on and now I can't shoot. If you want a nice place to shoot that does not schedule many events then send me your contact info and I will get you the application. If you are a pistol shooter then Syracuse pistol club is a great indoor range. Otisco is nice and I have met some really good people there. Otisco members are very active with events so you really have to check Otisco's schedules because they shut down the rifle range when ever there are shot gun range events. VERDAD training facility is awesome - schedule a class with Pat.

Thanks GFather for the compliment! If GFather endorces Nedrow, it is one to check out! Many of the clubs are starting to get sloppy about keeping the event calendars up to date! There is nothing worse than being packed up for a range day, driving a good distance, then arriving to find out the calendar you checked was not updated, and the range is closed because they rented it out, or are having an event that blocks members access! Here you paid your dues, but can't shoot..terrible!

GFather we have three low light weekend shoots scheduled, hopefully you will be able to join us and one of them works for your schedule! Looking forward to seeing ya!

For those of you who have not experienced a training class with VERDAD - you are really missing out. I completed a tactical pistol class recently at the VERDAD facility that I never would have had the opportunity to experience otherwise. VERDAD is bringing a level of training into NYS that you do not usually see available. This is not the run of the mill programing. As a professional security instructor I have experienced allot of class room and field training. I listened to some nationally recognized professionals at that tactical pistol class (purposely trying not to name drop) who stated that the VERDAD program is one of the best they have seen nationally. I have often had to drive out of state to get training. I am very happy that I can get what I need with out driving to another state.