Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NY SAFE Act Compliant AR

Quote Originally Posted by Tagfu View Post
    "(A) A SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE THAT HAS AN ABILITY TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE
    MAGAZINE AND HAS AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:

I think the "ability to accept" leaves out the "Bullet Button"
    I initially thought that as well, but the California AWB uses the exact same wording.

Edit: Here is the exact text from the california law

(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
    (A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
    (B) A thumbhole stock.
    (C) A folding or telescoping stock.
    (D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
    (E) A flash suppressor.
    (F) A forward pistol grip.
    Last edited by Chris123NT; 01-18-2013 at 06:42 PM.

The easiest way to make your AR comply really is to not comply. No register, no modify, no nothing. If your worried about the law, then do something to change it. Once you comply and register, then our esteemed governor knows who owns what. When they come next it will be for those who have. It made their job easy in England and Australia due to gun registration. Besides a modified AR isn't really an AR anymore. I would prefer to get my old bolt actions out that I enjoyed so much as a younger man. Just saying. I wish you all well.

Yup, a completely featureless AR with 7rd magazines is joke. I'll gladly take a bolt action or some other type of semi that doesn't have a pistol grip.

Or just buy a Keltec SU16.

I was thinking of getting a No 4 Enfield. They certainly are handy. The heck with a compliant AR. I was wondering how they were going to treat the bolt action uppers that are available for the AR? Would that be compliant?

Quote Originally Posted by dh1633pm View Post
    I was thinking of getting a No 4 Enfield. They certainly are handy. The heck with a compliant AR. I was wondering how they were going to treat the bolt action uppers that are available for the AR? Would that be compliant?
    Yeah it would be compliant since it's not semi-auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Tagfu View Post
    If you want to register your rifle under NY SAFE Act it seems that you would be allowed to add the previously banned adjustable stock, bayonet mount, flash hider or grenade launcher
    So that would mean the old 2000 ban has been removed from the books? Is that true? If it hasn't been removed then its still in affect and this isn't correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjatarian View Post
    So that would mean the old 2000 ban has been removed from the books? Is that true? If it hasn't been removed then its still in affect and this isn't correct.
    The law was amended and "assault weapon" was re-defined. The old definition and the penalties were removed. Now there is only penalties for not registering. So basically he's right, you can add whatever the hell you want.

I was wondering how this works too. Can I add a threaded barrel now?

Hmmm... Time to put a pistol grip in the saiga 12?